Sunday, August 20, 2006

what do you say to something like this?

this morning a girl from sunday school confided in me. she happened to tell me because he was on the soccer court playing futbol where we and the kids gather on sunday mornings. she began to tell me that he is her uncle and he is crazy. apparently whenever he is around her or her cousins, he makes them put on a skirt and "show him things underneath".

she held tightly to my arm, saying, i don't want him to look at me.

my whole mind and being fled with emotions. from anger to rage toward this man...to pity for him. but more so with love and compassion for this little 10 year old girl. i just wanted to cry and hold her and take her home with me. but the only thing i could really do was hold her...so i did.

then, like a wave, all sorts of questions came to mind. what about her younger 2 yr old sister? what will happen to her in the future? and what about her cousins whom i know personally? what about the neighbor kids who are a part of our sunday school who are familiar with this man? has he..? or will he..?

the darkness rages here, ravaging these innocent children, stealing their joy and damaging them forever. these poor children have to live with so many monsters.

Lord, my cry to you is that you protect these children that you love so much. Bring salvation to this dark place.

No comments: