Wednesday, August 23, 2006

thanks


i just wanted to say thanks to the people who are reading our blog, who are praying for us, and who are leaving us encouraging notes. unfortunately i'm not very blog savvy and so i have no idea how to add on friends or anything. i can just write here and plug in a few pics. maybe one day when i have some time i'll actually figure it out.

we're doing pretty good. the team has left and now we are preparing to have some visitors. well we actually already received visitors yesterday (welcome to the life as a missionary!). we got a call in the afternoon from some co-missionaries with IAM who are serving in Chile. they called to say, hi we've arrived to Cusco for vacation with some family. we knew they were coming, but we didn't have any idea what day they arrived. it was neat spending the evening with them yesterday and almost the whole day with them today. we had invited them to stay with us (again..welcome to the life as a missionary)...even though we don't have beds, blankets, sheets or pillows for 8 people. especially because we are expecting 5 of my family who are arriving friday morning. so that would mean 13 plus Ricky, Amy and I. 16 people! we invited them without thinking... hhmm...bedrooms, space...blankets...etc. but they decided to stay in a hostel near the center of Cusco. it would have been cool to have a house full, but i guess this works better for everyone.

i am SO excited that my family is coming to visit. my parents can't come because they are off on a vacation to celebrate their 30th wedding anniversary. my brother Nathan, sister-in-law Cynthia, 8 month old niece Madison, and my brothers Jonathan and Gabriel are coming.

6 comments:

Charissa said...

Tracie,

I'm glad to know you are finding the comments. I actually was hesitating to comment anymore thinking you didn't know they were there. It's really easy to comment back. You don't have to add friends like you do with myspace and other sites. When you click on the comment to read it, the comment will show up on the left hand side of the screen and on the right hand side of the screen you'll find a window to type in another comment. If you are already logged into your blogger account, you just click the "Login and Publish" button and voila! your comment appears. If you are not logged in, there will be a couple of fields for you to enter your username and password before clicking the "Login and Publish" button. I don't know if you know this, but you can also view other peoples blogs by clicking on their picture or name. This blogging thing is alot of fun once you get the hang of it. I actually found Amy's blog through a mutual friend of ours. Oh, and I want you to know that you are savvier than I am. I have not been able to post pictures on my blog! I have really enjoyed reading your posts. It helps to have more specific information about the work you are doing. I am praying for Antuane (sp?), her mother and the little girl from the playground. I'm so glad that you are enjoying your visitors and that you'll get to see your family! I know that has to be tough to be so far away from them. I hope you have a wonderful visit with them. Just curious, what missionaries are visiting you from Chile? Anyone I would know?

Blessings,

Charissa

hector ramirez said...

Hi Ricky and Tracie,

This is Tito, Tracie we meet briefly in Chile last December.
Just wanted to say hi and congratulate you for the work you are doing. I will pray for you guys; what you do and the difference you are making one soul at a time is probably the hardest job one can have. Thanks for being there.

In a lighter note, Ricky, no podi estar usando esa chaqueta tan ordinaria po!

Un gran abrazo.

Charissa said...

Tito, yo tambien me fije en la chaqueta! Buena.

Kevin Morrison said...

Amy is a blog geek... (this is Kevin, her brother) she can help you do whatever you need or want, but I think your page is great as is. It's the message that makes it that way. Thanks for taking care of my little sis. I can tell every time I talk to her how much she is being blessed by this experience!

Charissa said...

Tracie,

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I just wanted to let you know that I got it. You commented successfully! I don't know the Shaders. They must've come after we left Chile in 1994. I hope you enjoyed your time with them. I'm sure you will enjoy visiting with your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep up the great work!

Blessings,

Charissa

Amy said...

you're a blog geek, kevin.