Friday, August 18, 2006

i love chapstick

it's true about how much i love chapstick. my friend tricia has an obsession with it, but i understand and agree with her obsession. there is always need for chapstick in any given moment. and if I don't have it, it could be distastrous. so it's always much better to keep a few spare sticks around...one in the backpack, one in my pocket, one in the kitchen, and another spare in the bathroom.

the other day i lost my chapstick, and couldn't locate the backup sticks... i was really frustrated. And then i saw one of the chileans with a light blue medicated chapstick and i was convinced that i had left it laying around and he decided to use it for his moisturizing needs. WELL, i was not sure how i felt about someone else using my chapstick, and was not about to ask him for it back. i told Ricky that night, hey-he has my chapstick, i saw him with it. Ricky wisely said, don't accuse him until you ask and know for sure that it's yours.

this morning i was in dire need of my lip balm when i saw him using it. i couldn't look, i couldn't ask... it was just too weird.. ("ehh, ese chapstick... es tuyo? o lo encontraste?...porque justo perdi lo mio y mio era igual que lo tuyo"). as my need grew i decided, no importa, i'm gonna ask everyone if they've seen my chapstick.

and what to you know, that same hour, i found my light blue medicated chapstick in my backpack... where it did not belong... because this particular stick belonged in my pocket. so i learned my lesson... "keep more chapstick around so that this never happens again!"

1 comment:

Charissa said...

I laughed outloud when I read this post. You are funny, Tracie Olivares! I'm glad you found your chapstick.