Thursday, October 25, 2007

..in chile


It's so nice to be with family!!!! My Chilean family (aka the in-laws) are the greatest. Our first night here we had a whole bunch of family over to celebrate my birthday and our home-coming. With cake and celebration in true chilean fashion, we all enjoyed ourselves. This picture is of my suegros (parents in law) to the left, and Ricky's aunt and uncle, Nano and Janet, to the right. They even brought gifts! I was so surprised, especially because it is so unneccesary.. but was really nice of them. I even received 2 pairs of little baby socks. So cute!!

Ricky was so happy to be back in Chile and attend a futbol game. I didn't go because being 7 months pregnant in all the craziness at the stadium wasn't appealing to me! Along with brothers, various cousins and family, the whole gang of guys had a great time. The team's who played were Chile vs Peru. Who do we root for? Chile, of course!! Being in Latin American you have to be loyal to your own country!! And Chile won, so that was a good game.

Here's a recent picture of me and the preggo belly! I'm 29 weeks along now and feel REALLY pregnant with all the aches and pains that are a normal part of this stage. But I truly feel rested and refreshed in just a short time in being here. We are ready for our upcoming travels to the U.S. Trying to make contacts with new churches. Hoping to connect our church family in Cusco with US churches. We still need to raise more monthly support for the upcoming 4 years, so that beginning in 2008 we can rent a church location in Cusco, a smaller location for the children's ministry in San Marcos, Cusco, and to help bring out a missionary from Chile to work with us full time. Pray for us and pray for God's hand over the contacts we've made in the US. Oh, and for my health, that it remains well... and that we have no complications once we arrive to the states.

more soon!


PS - We are thrilled to share that..... It's a girl!

6 comments:

holly darling smith said...

AHHHHH! It's a girl!!!! Yeah! SOOOO excited for you guys. I've been waiting and WAITING to hear what it would be....awwww.

Miss you.

Team Parks: Jason and Kristin said...

Can we start our input of girl name suggestions?

Amy said...

I'll spare you the trouble...Jason is going to suggest something like "Unicorn Olivares" or he might change it up to "Pegasus Olivares". So don't worry about offending him when you tell him his ideas for names aren't what you're going to go with.
:-)

Tiffany Harper said...

Hopefully you will be able to hook up with Knott! I miss you and can't wait to see you.

Tracie and Ricky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracie and Ricky said...

oops! i deleted my own comment.

jason, please feel free to add any suggestions as long as you don't take offense if i don't choose a fantasy name like Dragonlair...

sorry.

amy- thanks for the heads up