Wednesday, August 20, 2014

thoughts about burden and my heavy heart

Having a heavy heart or a burden does not mean my trust in God falters. Just because I share my heart about my journey does not make me weak. It does not mean I am discouraged or down. When the world is going through times as these... when my fellow brothers are being persecuted... when my friends are hurting... when other missionaries are suffering... when my own life experiences pain or frustration... it does not mean that my hope is gone. It is in times as these that my hope is fanned into a flame of trust and faith in our GOD who can save us. Our Lord who already saved us. We do not despair during difficult times! Yes, we face them. I face them. Our world is not perfect and I cannot pretend things are perfect in our lives as servants of God. And times like these should not be kept quiet. We share in the burdens of our friends and fellow servants. Their pain becomes ours, we weep with those who weep. But we also rejoice with those who rejoice. And we rejoice also because of the sunshine that comes after the rain!

During times as these, is when our eyes are looking upon our Creator, when we can be SURE that He is capable of answering the tough questions. I will not be intimidated or silenced into superficiality. Life is hard. Yes. But life is LIFE and it is GOOD! God is good, all the time. And our hope is always in Him. Jesus is our hope and with Him we are able to carry the burdens of this world, and are able to cast our cares upon Him because He cares for us.

Amen for that. And blessed be those who are persecuted for His names' sake. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness for they shall be satisfied!

Matthew 5:1-10 Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy. Blessed are the the pure in heart, for they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. By Handlettering


No comments: