Tuesday, August 23, 2011

reflections

There are a handful of people I look up to, want to emulate, become like, strive toward having a heart/attitude like theirs. And the truth is, many of them aren't Christians. What does that say about the many Christians out there? Maybe it doesn't say much- but it does say something about me. I am not the same Christian I used to be.

I think living in an underdeveloped country might have to play into this. I no longer look up to people based on what they have or have achieved in life. on the contrary, I find myself drawn toward people that have lived some sort of sacrifice; maybe not the same sacrifice as us, but sacrifice nonetheless. Having or not having money does not matter - but rather the condition of peoples hearts.

A few persons I look up to were there for me selflessly, sacrificially... in the name of Love - but not necessarily in the name of God. Others are persons who are an example of unconditional faith, joy and love to others. Others still are constant, never-changing... not tossed about in the wind through times of adversity or world unrest. Somehow these "Christ-like" characteristics have become part of who they are... and whether they know it or not, they are a reflection of Christ to me.








No comments: