Saturday, April 09, 2011

hugs goodbye

....as if we weren't ever coming back. I'll miss my Peruvian peeps. Even when they ask me silly questions, like, "you are coming back aren't you?" Apparently Isabella is so thoroughly excited that she kept telling people at church that, "vamos a Grandpa's house... y no volveremos mas" (we're going to grandpa's house and we aren't coming back- ever).

Isabella has been wanting to pack for over a week now. I keep entering her room to find her drawers pulled out and clothes strewn across the floor. Today her new toothbrush had a conversation with her old toothbrush that went something like this, "I'm going to Grandpa's house and to Disneyland and to Moni's house where I will have my own special bed, I'm sorry because you are my friend but you can't go with me"

I love all those goodbye hugs, which almost always involve a little whisper in my ear saying, "bring something back for me".

No comments: