Thursday, May 24, 2007















Having fun in San Marcos...


















Holly is here from Washington. Here she is on Mother's Day, getting ready to eat a big plate of Milanesa de Pollo, which is chicken, rice and french fries (of course... everyone eats french fries here!!)














The kids did a really cute craft for Mother's Day. We have been collecting pictures of all the kids over the last several weeks...and had them printed out. It took us seemingly forever to get the crafts ready! Every day for a week we were cutting pictures, painting the "stem" skewers green, cutting serrated cardboard into the shape of a tulip, cutting out "leaves" and the little "Feliz Dia Mama" messages... But, it was totally worth it because the kids loved the craft...and especially loved giving their mom a present with their own photo on it! It was extra special because most of these kids don't ever have any pictures at home of them or their family members. What wonderful memories, no?














Sorry this one is a bit blurry.. These are the kids who were recognized for Best Attendance between January and April.

More pictures coming soon... Our camera has been acting up lately, not holding a charge in the battery...


Oh and I'm so sorry I haven't been very good at keeping up with posting. So, as you probably know from our newsletter, I'm pregnant! We are extremely grateful to God... and excited. What a tremendous blessing. I'm 8 weeks along, not showing yet... although I do feel pregnant already! I have a terrible time sleeping and getting comfortable at night. I wake up in the morning with an empty, rumbling hunger that is SO unlike me! It was so embarrassing on Sunday morning in church my stomach started growling like i hadn't eaten in hours! but i had just recently had breakfast. You could hear my stomach from across the room! It was hilarious...

More to come soon.... Chao for now

2 comments:

Tiffany Harper said...

Sooo good to see all of these updates!!!! =) I read them everyday and I get very upset when I don't see anything new!!!! =) Hope you are feeling well, keep me updated on your pregnancy and let me know how I can pray for you and Ricky. Also, how do we mail anything to you??? You know...fan mail?

Team Parks: Jason and Kristin said...

cool cool. just waiting to get a significant abmount of time so I can see yall