Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Happy Autumn.. and back to school!

We have just begun the Autumn season.. which means Summer is over and the kids are back in school. Ricky and I had a heart to bless the kids from our children's ministry with school supplies.









Each gift included 2 large and 1 small lined notebook, pencils, colored pencils, glue and an eraser. The value of each package was about 15 Soles ($5 US dollars), but for many families this is an extra expense that they can't afford; and some families have 5 or more school-age kids. Some of these families only make between $30-50 US dollars per month. So, for us it was a small expense with huge benefits.













The looks on their faces was priceless!! We got them all seated and fairly quiet, and Ricky explained that we (as the church and in Jesus' name) want to bless them with something special since school has just started. When they saw the notebooks they all started screaming and yelling with excitement.. "oooohhh Tiiiiooo! Te quiero, te quiero te quieroooOO!" (translated: ooh uncle, i love you i love you i love you!) It was precious.


The most special moment came afterwards, when one of the little girls' mom came up to us, almost in tears. She said, "God answered my prayers. My husband left us and stopped sending money to help pay for the 2 girls. I am not working and so I had no idea how I was going to get school supplies. This came at just the right time. God answered my prayer"

Praise God

5 comments:

Charissa said...

How wonderful! I'm amazed at how God is prompting you to do such great things for these kids and their family. You are having a huge impact on people's lives. God bless you both!

Charissa said...

That would be "families"!

Amy said...

that is so awesome!

Marlene said...

Thank you for your posts! They remind me to be thankful for what I have and to be generous too. I am thankful for the work you are doing! And I look forward to seeing you in a few months :)

Team Parks: Jason and Kristin said...

That is amazing. Praise God for being able to use the simplest things in life to bless people and glorify God's name.