Thursday, November 18, 2010

the doctors are here and in the last 4 days have been able to help nearly 500 people! Tomorrow is the last day of the clinic and they expect more people than they can receive. Tonight they even had to turn some people away as it was getting really late.

and i have been one of those patients. i don't know what it is (maybe sheer exhaustion) but I always seem to get sick whenever the doctors are here. While fighting a long cold, the other day my eye started hurting. The doc said it was a little red and maybe was infected so he gave me some drops. Ever since I started those drops (and no longer am using) my eye started burning. It gets so bad and is so sensitive to light that I need to wear sunglasses indoors. I can't focus on the words on the pages of the book to read to Milan before bed and I feel the overwhelming sense that i need to shut my eyes, but doesn't bring much relief. Doc said I probably scratched the cornea (how on earth that happens, i have no idea). I'm waiting for it to get better... It's a little too painful to even focus on the screen to write.. just say a little prayer for me! I'm not being of any use to anyone around here like this and especially for my kids who need me all the time..i need to get better!

No comments: