Friday, August 31, 2007

...a time to pray

Pray for little Guadalupe Merino.
Last week she had an accident at home with a pot of boiling water and got 2nd degree burns on both legs. We visited her in the hospital, she's still there and will be for probably another week or so. the poor thing hardly smiled although she couldn't hold back a smile when Ricky put her hand on my belly and told her that the baby came to visit her. it was cute. there are problems in the family as always, but more recently with Rosa's husband, who goes off to work until 10 or 11 at night but hardly ever brings home any money. He probably is spending it all on chicha... Rosa works too and has a drinking problem as well. The sad thing is that all 5 kids receive the worst end of the stick. I don't know if Rosa was even home when Lupe got burned. She leaves the youngest kids home alone a lot, which is dangerous. And now her husband wants to take Lupe away from Rosa because he says she is irresponsible.. but I doubt anything will come of it, because he seems to be irresponsible too.



5 comments:

Cynthia said...

oh no! She was one of my favorite when I was there. That makes me so sad. i wish i could come take her back and just love her everyday. You can always sneak her back here when you come lol. I will be praying for her and her family!stupid2smilebig2

Tiffany Harper said...

I will be praying Tracie! I can't even imagine. This beautiful little girl and the things she and her siblings are going through.

love you!

holly darling smith said...

Lupe is so precious; one of those little girls who can't help but be everyone's favorite. Poor, poor darling! I miss all those kids.

Tracie, where you able to stop by Patti's?

Tracie and Ricky said...

yes, we stopped by paty's and i gave her the bag. she says thankyou

Team Parks: Jason and Kristin said...

I will pray